Find a responsible adult to help you charter your very own Sparta Athletic Club! Of course, the more you can do to help check items off the below check-list, the faster you can join a local club.
Don’t have an adult to create a local group? No problem, refer to the online only plan provided on the curriculum guideline. If you can though, it’s best to have a local group to support your fitness progress, so only use this alternative if absolutely necessary.
Are you a parent, teacher, or guardian wishing a Sparta Athletic Club was available in your neighborhood?
Use the below checklist to get started!
- Find a Location!
- Usually this would be a school, community center, or religious center meeting spot with indoor and outdoor facilities to gather a group
- Utilize the information on this webpage to explain the program to the management of your location. This could be a parks and rec department or principal.
- Determine a time for group meetings (after school would be optimal for kids and parents), 2 -3 days a week
- Consider transportation – how will teens arrive at the location? Leveraging locations close to schools will be easiest
- Start Date and curriculum prep – give yourself enough time to prepare for at least the first week of lessons, to create awareness, and register participants for your program
- Register your local Club in the form below – get creative with the name if you like!
- Once your club is registered, a personalized web page will be created for your local club and sent to the coach.
- The coach then shares the club specific webpage with potential members to join the local club. Everything is completed online. If possible, teens / parents can use their phones to expedite the process.