Well, folks – I’m not perfect, so these posts will NOT result in me checking off goals easy peasy and successfully. You will see below, I didn’t do too bad for the week, but it’s a constant struggle.
The week flew by. It just gets so busy at the end of the week, it’s hard to keep up. We had an amazing weekend. We were able to do all the sports.
Friday – we went to the Columbus Clippers game after work
Saturday – Jackson had a soccer game, then we all went to Chambers to boulder. I felt so tired. I’ve been completely crashing at 2pm everyday. I drank coffee and kept going. I started an orange level climb, got 2 yellows and a really tough black. It was nice. We then came home and had pizza on the deck with a fire. The pizza was not nice for my weight though, but delicious!
Sunday – We ran in the morning. I ran about 60 minutes, showered and got the boys ready to go. Troy loaded the kayaks and I packed lunch. We went to Alum Creek for our maiden kayaking voyage. It was AMAZING. I need to work on my rowing, but it was a beautiful day to be out on the lake. We came home, took a nap (cause you know, i shut down at 2pm). We were up and going at 3pm, stopped by to get running shoes on sale and then went to the Hill’s market to ride bikes to Clintonville for dinner. We chose Northstar but it’s so expensive, we’ll have to figure something else out next time. All in all we ran for an hour, kayaked for an hour, and biked for an hour. Pretty awesome Sunday!
So, let’s check in with the goals:
Spending through 12/31/19:
1) Can buy house hold items that need replaced or are non-existent now – purchased another blind this week, probably for the family room. Our doors were installed on Friday. The front door and storm door look awesome! The sliding glass door looks great but was made wrong, so we are working with Lowes to fix that.
2) Can buy items to finish decorating the boys rooms – no purchase
3) At the beginning of each month, thoughtfully determine the 3 wardrobe items that make the most sense – get rid of what they replace if they replace items
Current items I want to buy:
1) Black blazer for work – thinking I will wait for a labor day sale at WHBM – still waiting for sale, although JCrew started advertising to me and maybe their jacket would be more affordable?
2) Climbing shorts – because the ones I have are too big and I climb ~ 3 times a week – purchased from Athleta on sale, hopefully delivered this week.
3) Running shorts – because I have 2 pairs now and would like a 3rd for a whole weeks worth of running shorts with pockets – on hold, i think i found a solution that would not require more investment
4) A traditional jean skirt – because I think it’s cute – added to wish list
4) Determine a plan for Christmas – Troy is not ready for this discussion 🙂
5) Can buy items for the boys that they need, such as sports gear – bought Jackson cleats, gloves, and 2nd practice gear for soccer
What I bought that was not on the list 😦
1) 2 sports bras because they were on sale and I wanted to get to free shipping at Athleta. I may take them back after checking fit. I also still run out of sports bras when we do 3 sports a day, SO maybe it’s a better investment than running shorts. I haven’t broke the 3 items rule just yet.
2) Running shoes that weren’t on the list, so my goal is to not buy any more for the rest of the month. We’ll count the blazer in the September goal. (good vibes my way)
Weight management for the month of August:
Goal weight = 140, current weight 152.5 (after some amazing pizza on Saturday night) down 2.5lbs in August
1) Drink alcohol only once a week (usually, Monday night climb and wine) – uh, down to 3 nights this week, so no, no I did not achieve this goal
2) Go to Conci regularly to check in and progress off the Optifast diet – went on Monday and they said I was right on track
3) Plan a meal strategy at the beginning of every week – this week I will be finishing the Fresh ’n Lean meals for lunch and veggies for dinner
4) Track calories using My Fitness Pal – did this all days, but did not stay within calorie goals on Saturday
5) Weigh myself daily – completed and was down to 151, but again, the delicious PIZZA!
6) Continue with the Garmin running plan, climbing for fun, and add to the fitness routine Ab workouts – haven’t worked in the Ab routine but knocked the rest out of the park this week!
Overall, I feel very good about the week. I enjoyed my life and lost a couple pounds. I so far have cut back on buying items, let’s hope the next 2 weeks go just as great. We have plans for more outdoor adventures.