I don’t even know where I left off, but my month of Detox didn’t really work. Not to say that I’m not going to keep trying. I still want to lose the last 10 lbs. and I still want to cut back on spending. I had a wonderful weekend with my friend Liz in Grand Teton National Park. We also explored a tiny bit of Yellowstone, the town of Jackson, WY and Teton Village, which is a swanky ski lodge area. I will need to check my weight when I get home, but I ran my long run and estimate that I haven’t lost or gained. Which hey, is better than nothing.
Before I left for the trip, I was trying to persuade my ex-husband to let Jackson go to the Dominican Republic trip that he was invited to compete in for soccer. Jackson’s dad did not budge and Jackson admitted that if it was his money, he would not pay for the trip. He also wants to play baseball so we decided to not spend the $10K to take him. It would have been a fun December though. I left Columbus a little sad that I had told Jackson no. I like to provide all the opportunities I can for my kids.
So, let’s check in with the goals:
Spending through 12/31/19:
1) Can buy house hold items that need replaced or are non-existent now – I doubt I’ll do much of this while in school. I did start taking down items in the family room.
2) Can buy items to finish decorating the boys rooms – no purchase
3) At the beginning of each month, thoughtfully determine the 3 wardrobe items that make the most sense – get rid of what they replace if they replace items
September items I want to buy:
1) Small items while traveling = trucker hat from KY & long sleeved T from Jackson
2) I will add as I think about what I want…
4) Determine a plan for Christmas – Troy is not ready for this discussion 🙂
5) Can buy items for the boys that they need, such as sports gear – nothing recently
Weight management for the month of September:
Goal weight = 140, current weight 153.4 (well, slightly the wrong way)
1) Drink alcohol only once a week (usually, Monday night climb and wine) – I’m going to give this goal another whirl in the 2nd half of September
3) Plan a meal strategy at the beginning of every week -luckily, Troy and I have gotten into a rhythm of salads and dinners… hopefully the soon-to-be colder weather doesn’t change our trend.
4) Track calories using My Fitness Pal – I fell of the band wagon while traveling last weekend to KY and this weekend to WY. I will pick this up going forward
5) Weigh myself daily – re-commit (you’re going to notice this will be a trend)
6) Continue with the Garmin running plan, climbing for fun, and add to the fitness routine Ab workouts – I did add the Abs workout and I’ve graduated to the 1/2 marathon training because I was super successful in the 10K! It’s interesting. I always get more hungry and struggle to loose weight when training for a run. I’m not sure how this will go.
Even though I didn’t meet all my goals, I went in the right direction. I’m going to do a trip report to post about the Grand Teton’s trip and then focus on the work ahead. Until I check in next time!